DjangoBooks.com

Post your music!

WillieWillie HamburgNew
edited June 2022 in Welcome Posts: 826

This is a little blues I wrote, dedicated to the Hamburg part of the Weiss family:

Wilhelmsburg is a quarter of Hamburg in the south of the city, situated in the Elbe river, it's europe's biggest river island. The north of the island used to be a rather poor working class quarter, with many migrants and students. Since several years rents are going up. The south of the island has beautiful landscape. The second part of the video features Georgswerder in the eastern part of Wilhelmsburg, where the Weiss clan is living. You can see their caravans in the arial view at the end of part 2.

Feel invited to post your music here!

AndyWBucoChrisMartinBillDaCostaWilliamsMichaelHorowitzbillyshakesScoredog

Comments

This is really nice, Willie. Can you post the chord chart? There's something very pretty harmonically going on in the turnaround at the end of part 1.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited June 2022 Posts: 826

@Buco Thank you, here is the chart (I didn't play the D#°7 in the slow part):

Wilhelmsburg Blues (W. Jakob)

II: A7 I A7 I D9 I D9 I

A7 I A7 I A13 I A7b13 I

D9 I D9 I D#°7 I D#°7 I

A7 I Ab7 I G7 I F#7 I

Bm7 I Bm7 I Dm7 I E7 I

A7 / Ab7 G7 I F#7 I 1. Bm7b5 I E7 :II

2. Bm7 E7 I A6 II

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams

Ah, it's that that Dm that does a small magic flavor, so nice.

Willie

Borrowed this from "Stormy Monday Blues":

G7 I C7 I G7 G#7 I G7 I

C7 I C7 I G7 Am7 I Bm7 Bbm7 I

Am7 I Cm7 I G13 G#13 I G13 D+ / /

Buco

Could be connected to that trick when improvising over 2/5, play lines over m4 instead of 5. Wonder what came first, a chord progression using m4 or improvising concept...

Willie
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

@Willie ,

very nice tune man!

I suppose we all ought to post one! Will select on and post later.

Are we focusing on originals, or can we post other composers tunes?

Willie

@bbwood_98

I would say: whatever, as long as you are involved in the recording. And thanks for the compliment!

(I had changed the title of the thread to the name of the tune, because I was afraid this would remain the only post. But it seems like the old title fits. We could use this thread for the incoming posts; if there is a separate thread for every song it will be more complicated to find all of them. But no matter if sepatare or together- main thing is to post.)

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

OK, so here are two of ours:

Save The Country (Laura Nyro - great composer from the Bronx - since we are in NYC . . .You know) - a Tribute to our election process here flawed as it is . . .

And a Charles Trenet - "I wish you Love" that I edited into a cartoon.

Hope you enjoy!

B.

MichaelHorowitzbillyshakesdjangologyWillieBillDaCostaWilliamsBonesAzazzellBucovanmalmsteenScoredog
  • h24015h24015 New jean barault, mateos

One of mine

WillieBillDaCostaWilliamsBonesAzazzellMichaelHorowitzBuco