DjangoBooks.com

Post your music!

Comments

• maxmax SwedenNew

Here is a little tune from us in Sweden..

avilable on the usual platform as well.. applemusic, spotify..

https://open.spotify.com/track/7kWheAzteO2cxmZRoZW73C?si=nuLb_nsCT3OAIxbjGgpbGA

wimWillieMichaelHorowitzBillDaCostaWilliamsScoredog
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew

Fantastic, a swinging band and a very fine singer on top!

max
    edited July 2022 Posts: 826

In 1997, we took a trip to my wife's sister and her friend near Paris, neither of which I knew before. I was quite impressed by the two new friends I found, and immediately wrote a song about this stay in Brétigny (that I recorded today).

The couple then worked as a musician and an artist; the cottage where they lived was in the middle of some kind of jungle; there were apples and plums and lots of music and mosquitos - and a baby to come the following spring, which would probably change their life.

So far the song. Nowadays they are living in Germany (still together); she is doing social work (still painting) while he is a cook (still writing songs), and the baby of that time a quarter of a century ago is a young man who sings, plays guitar and keyboards, and studies social work after having completed an apprenticeship as a sound engineer.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliamsBonesScoredog

A theme called Quietly I wrote a few years back while on vacation

WillieBillDaCostaWilliamsBonesScoredog
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

@Buco

Buco's Beautiful Bohemian Balcony Bossa.

That's exactly correct! I wrote it while chilling on my in-laws balcony. Everyone else was enjoying their afternoon siesta so I kept it down hence the title. Thanks, Willie.

Love the story surrounding your song. Nice song too, of course. I listened to it earlier today but didn't have time to respond.

Willie

Thanks; not a very challenging and complex composition, I just tried to get kind of a "french flair". I wonder if I should have used the soprano sax instead of the pocket clarinet because of its better handling and greater range. But somehow the "naivity" of the little clarinet fits better to my memories of the atmosphere (I had played this instrument in the garden behind the house back then).

Buco
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Pocket clarinet sounds just right to me.

Willie
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Buco's Beautiful Bohemian Balcony Bossa.

Good addition to the repertoire - thanks, Buco.

The royalties should start pouring in very soon.

BucoBonesScoredog

Thanks, Bill!