DjangoBooks.com

When/How did you decide to spend the Big Bucks for that special guitar?

12346»

Comments

• Like you, @Chiefbigeasy, I'm thankful for the forum and the sense of community it provides.
  • I find this community to be a pretty fine group....only sad part is that there are very few females that are part of it. Are we too man cave perhaps or ???

@Chiefbigeasy I am happy that you found what you were lookings for in a guitar. Now as you say, the next leg of the voyage commences. I have been playing my DuPont for nearly 6 months now and am finally finding the voice in it that works for me.
    rgrice
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    I went to a jam with a friend and mentioned that I was thinking of upgrading my guitar. He gave me some advice, then on the way home, my cell phone rang and it was him again. He just about ordered me to buy his friend's guitar which was being sold in Madison WI. It was a Rodrigo Shopis, D hole, which was what i was looking for (D-hole, not necessarily Shopis). I wanted something with a fuller tone, and more volume than what I was playing. After speaking to the guy, I realized it was what I was looking for, and I bought it sight-unseen. I am very happy with this purchase, the guitar never ceases to amaze me.

Back from the dead, sort of. To those I owe e-mails to, I'm really sorry; too much to explain here. Steve, also sorry as my memory is crap. Is that you, with my old Shopis? I do miss the beauty, and if it's you, hope you're enjoying it.
    jonpowlBucopickitjohnMichaelHorowitzJazzaferri
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Welcome back, Paul. Good to hear from you - no need for explanations. Just glad to know you're up & around.
    MichaelHorowitz
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Hey Paul. Great to hear from you.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited December 2014 Posts: 936
    Brother Paul, so good to see a post from you, welcome back, be well.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @Passacaglia Welcome back!
    @Passacaglia Welcome back!

And please stick around.
    Jazzaferri
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    When I realized the Michael could hear guitars better than me, and I had the bucks, I simply bought the Lebreton he recommended. a while later, I still had some bucks and ordered another with a custom neck. Both are the best Selmer sound, besides one of the real Selmers, I've had the chance to play.
    pickitjohnMichaelHorowitz
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK