DjangoBooks.com

Djangobooks Hot Club Colab - J'attendrai

Comments

This is great, Willie. Love the little effect in voc 2 file, right between 4-5 seconds, so french.

Willie
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Here's some progress. Willie's voice is in and sounds fantastic, lucky to have you man. Will provided some mischievous banjo and MikeK spanking archtop solo track, also both sounding fantastic. I added a solo to fill the space and this is what we got so far.

We need bass, and more soloists, guitars, clarinets...?

Willie
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew

Very fine and so fascinating different strings, this will provide lots of fun to listen when completed; thank you Will, Mike and Buco!

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1,855

Hey!

Acccordion players!

I’m calling you out.

This is a perfect accordion song and you know it.

Accordion would sound great accompanying some or all of Willie’s vocals.

Somebody needs to get on this right away….!!!!

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

And hey Buco, you know who else would sound great on this recording…?

This guy I used to be a fan of at Django Camp… hopefully somebody around here will know his name…

He plays great gypsy jazz cello; he looks like James Dean; and he often smokes cigarettes while he plays…

That ought to narrow it down a bit..

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Accordion? I'm afraid with the overabundance of guitars it won't be easy to >||squeeze||< it in.

The only person I've ever seen playing cello at DiJ was Sebastien G...that I remember. I must've missed that year.

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Accordion? I'm afraid with the overabundance of guitars it won't be easy to >||squeeze||< it in.

wimBucoBonesrudolfochristMichaelHorowitz

Don't pull on my strings Bill.

billyshakes
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 4,741

Well, the jam that helped inspired this one was from Robin Nolan's group and their colab is 23 minutes long. So in that sense there's plenty of room left to include any and all interested. But yeah, I'm not sure what happened between when about a dozen people was being excited about it and wanting to participate at first and now when we have maybe half that...

Djangobooks people, please come and join us.

Hey, Buco, have you ever thought of personally inviting the participation of our mutual friend the wonderful VDub?

He plays a lot of different instruments… plus he also has that buddy who transcribed the Frank Trumbauer solo for lap steel guitar…?

Just one man’s opinion, but it seems to me we could use more non-guitar solos to complement all the guitar solos…

…which reminds me, both your guitar solo and Mike’s were top-shelf!

Will

WillieBuco