DjangoBooks.com

Djangobooks Hot Club Colab - J'attendrai

Comments

• WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited October 2021 Posts: 825

My wife says "Put in more life, this is a bit lame." I think she's right.

Buco
  • MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent

Buco, I recorded a solo over one form. I know we're supposed to share forms with other forum members, but this way, if not many others participate, you can use it. Feel free to chop it up as needed. I'm going to email it to you. My severely limited tech skills are maxed out at this point!

Buco
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 4,732

It's good, Willie! I'll send the rest of my thoughts in the pm.

@Bones and @PapsPier and everybody else, this is what I'm thinking how to end the song: after everyone's soloing, Willie sings another verse, we break into stanza and then you two guys play the tag consisting of J'attendrai (just the word) melody going into the melody over Et pourtant, j'attendrai Ton retour. Make that a tag and repeat 2 or 3 times, I think it would be a very nice way to end. What say you?

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Sounds good, Mike.

MikeK
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited October 2021 Posts: 3,319

Are we trying to play the head exactly as written in the page with the standard notation? thx

Well what I was hoping to do is to record several of us playing the opening head in unison. I recorded a sketch of what it might sound like, it's in the opening post titled "rough melody sketch". So that's one thing, if you'd like to then play the melody as in this recording, sync as much as possible with the melody there. Then record a solo in the separate recording, also backing track to use is in the opening post. I was thinking we'd split the chorus into two; 16 bars then 10 bars. Then record the ending, as long as you're ok with my idea explained above. I'll get around recording that part of the song in the next few days so you guys can hear it. So then you and Paps can record the ending. Make a video recording (with audio) and if you can and you're set up for a better quality audio recording then do that at the same time. But I'm guessing most people will just make a video recording. How's that?

• BonesBones Moderator
    edited October 2021 Posts: 3,319

Ok I think I get it. so I'll record the head out and then repeat the melody over the last 4 bars 3 times then Paps can do fills over that recording? Should I slow down a bit on the third repeat?

Edit- ok I did that on my iPhone. How to I get it to you? It's a MOV file 92.4MB. Sorry no experience with transferring video files. thx

• BonesBones Moderator

Ok I see you have updated the original post with the arrangement. thx

Buco

I did and I just updated the file to use to record the head melody. Thanks, good talking to you.

Bones
  • BonesBones Moderator

Hey Buco, I don't see much to add to that ending. Did you want Paps and I to record a whole new ending or play over the top of that one but that one seems pretty full. thx