DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthday

mschafft

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Gypsy Jazz Jam in Chicago West

Am looking to start or find players who would like to do a gypsy jazz jam once or twice a month in the Chicago area. I live about 25 miles west of downtown.

Sam Sheppard used to host a great one at his store, Caravan Guitars, downtown.
Tagged:

Related Discussions

Discussion Starter Forum R / V Latest
Gypsy Jazz gigs in the West Midlands. U.KFret & Fiddle play Gypsy Jazz on the following dates in March 2005. MARCH 3RD NIGHTINGALES, KENT ST, BIRMINGHAM 9pm 10TH WARWICK UNIVERSITY 12TH … lnb Europe 1 / 1K lnb on March 2005
Gypsy Jazz licks: not just for Gypsy Jazz!In addition to gypsy jazz, I am also a big fan of 1960's era Jamaican ska music. Recently I recorded some tracks for my Ska group and did a very inte… V-dub Welcome 6 / 2.1K Barengero on March 2006
Gypsy Jazz Jam in Boston Area This Sunday!Sunday Oct. 1st there is going to be a Gypsy Jazz jam at the Independant bar in Union Square Somerville. We're hoping to have some very talented gues… Soref North America 2 / 892 Lex on September 2006
Gypsy Jazz Jam in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NYHi everyone, We are hosting a Django inspired jam session at Puppets Jazz in Brooklyn, NY on Monday the 30th of July. This is a great session in a li… bbwood_98 North America 1 / 748 bbwood_98 on July 2007
Gypsy Jazz Jam in Boston/Cambridge TOMORROW night.Hey everybody, this is Jack Soref, I play guitar for Sinti Rhythm in Boston. I just want to extend an intvitation to everyone, as violinist Tim Weed … Soref North America 1 / 649 Soref on October 2007
Gypsy Jazz Jam In NYCTomorrow night (Wednesday June 18th)! Gypsy jazz in a basement lounge, you ask? Yes, and with many special guests this week from the great Django in … bbwood_98 North America 2 / 576 robertsaunders on June 2008
Gypsy Jazz Jam in BrooklynFor those of us unlucky enough not to be in samois! Tonight (Wednesday June 25th)! Gypsy jazz in a basement lounge, you ask? Yes, and with many spec… bbwood_98 North America 1 / 599 bbwood_98 on June 2008
Late Notice Gypsy Jazz Jam in NYCHi all, We are hosting our regular weekly jam for the music inspired by Django Reinhardt. Tomorrow night, at Bar Ries in lovely Park Slope, Brooklyn.… bbwood_98 North America 2 / 602 panick on September 2008
Gypsy Jazz Jam in Brooklyn tommorow!Hi all, We are hosting our regular weekly jam for the music inspired by Django Reinhardt. Tomorrow night, at Bar Ries in lovely Park Slope, Brookly… bbwood_98 North America 1 / 519 bbwood_98 on September 2008
gypsy jazz jam/workshop in reno nvtonight: bev,dan and anthony play some django inspired stuff @ macro arts 420 valley in reno at 6pm.this will hopefully lead to a weekly gypsy jam a… dapperdan7 North America 1 / 449 dapperdan7 on January 2009
Gypsy guitars in non-gypsy jazz Movies!....I'm watching this movie "Momma's Man" 2008 set in New York and up pops an old Saga Gitane D-500 with the dark satin brown/orange finish, large D … B25Gib Guitars, Strings, Picks, Amps, Pickups and Other Accessories 3 / 870 B25Gib on November 2009
Gypsy Jazz Jam in Philadelphia, PAThe HCPhilly will be hosting a Gypsy Jazz Jam at the Mernaid Inn on Jan 12. We'll start at 7:30 and go 'till around 11:30. The 'maid is located a… Gregocide North America 10 / 944 WColsher on January 2010
Gypsy Jazz Jam in Los Angeles AreaHi, I'm looking to get an intermediate players jam together in the Los Angeles area. I live in Sherman Oaks. Probably studio city or Hollywood. A… SteveGypsyJazz North America 14 / 2.7K RichWiner on August 2010
Gypsy jazz workshop in Chicago this SundayHi all, I'm teaching a gypsy picking workshop in Chicago this Sunday (Oct. 3)! It's at the Old Town School of Folk Music (4544 N. Lincoln Ave.) from… adrian North America 2 / 271 MaxwellGarces on September 2010
Gypsy Jazz and Jazz Clubs in DenverHi everybody, I am going to Denver at the beginning of Dicember. I was wondering if someone knows about some places to listen to gypasy jazz and go… jjbravco North America 3 / 749 jjbravco on November 2011
Gypsy Jazz jam session in Manhattan Sunday Oct 28Folks, We're back in NYC this month for the jam on Sunday October 28th from 2-5pm. Where: 2067 Broadway, New York, NY, 10023 in the EPIC Security … Guillaume North America 1 / 334 Guillaume on October 2012
Gypsy Jazz at Yoshi's in Oakland, CA in AugustAug. 7 Hot Club of Detroit Aug. 19 Hot Club of San Francisco Aug. 20 John Jorgenson Quintet (w/ Jason Anick and Simon Planting) jonpowl North America 1 / 258 jonpowl on August 2014
Players of gypsy jazz accordion: what is your approach for your gypsy jazz accordion style?This is the music of Django right? Specifically where does the accordion fit in? We don't say the same things guitars do, and we don't say the things… accent_mus Accordion 2 / 629 stradella on February 2016
New Video - Let's Jam! Online gypsy jazz jam simulator (Another new vid Added!!)Hi Friends! I'm super excited to share with you the first in a new series of videos I'm creating - Let's Jam! Online interactive gypsy jazz jam simul… anthon_74 Gypsy Jazz 101 15 / 1.1K anthon_74 on November 2016
Let's Jam! online gypsy jazz jam simulator: Ep.3 - I Can't Give You Anything But LoveHi Friends! Here is episode 3 of Let's Jam. This time we play I can't give you anything but love. Enjoy and good Jamming! https://youtu.be/UoV77Z… anthon_74 Repertoire 1 / 289 Carlos Foster on February 2017

Comments

• Wim GlennWim Glenn oƃɐɔᴉɥƆModerator 503
    edited May 13
    I'd be up for that.. It's not exactly Chicago West, but would River North suit? Then I could probably host.
  • Yeah Wim, take the lead and slap that scene. Caravan jam was always well attended, there's gotta be interest still. Then there's Ten Cat where no one picked up the torch since Adrian left. Which is kinda the perfect place, jam friendly, stupendously awesome space, cheap beer, old school bartenders... writing this makes me miss it so much. Classic, you don't realize how awesome something is untill you leave and there's nothing remotely similar miles away. I love you Ten Cat!
    What about the old Mokum city @adrian anything there as cool and sweet as Ten Cat?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • geese_comgeese_com New Barault #105
    If you guys ever find yourselves in Madison, we have a gypsy jazz jam every Wednesday night. You are more than welcome to join.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Buco wrote: »
    What about the old Mokum city @adrian anything there as cool and sweet as Ten Cat?

Nothing can be exactly the same as the Ten Cat, but, yes, Amsterdam has nice cafes to jam in. :)

Adrian