DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz Jam in Chicago West

tylertinatylertina New
in North America Posts: 3
Am looking to start or find players who would like to do a gypsy jazz jam once or twice a month in the Chicago area. I live about 25 miles west of downtown.

Sam Sheppard used to host a great one at his store, Caravan Guitars, downtown.
Tagged:

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited May 2019 Posts: 1,457
    I'd be up for that.. It's not exactly Chicago West, but would River North suit? Then I could probably host.
    Yeah Wim, take the lead and slap that scene. Caravan jam was always well attended, there's gotta be interest still. Then there's Ten Cat where no one picked up the torch since Adrian left. Which is kinda the perfect place, jam friendly, stupendously awesome space, cheap beer, old school bartenders... writing this makes me miss it so much. Classic, you don't realize how awesome something is untill you leave and there's nothing remotely similar miles away. I love you Ten Cat!
    What about the old Mokum city @adrian anything there as cool and sweet as Ten Cat?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503
    If you guys ever find yourselves in Madison, we have a gypsy jazz jam every Wednesday night. You are more than welcome to join.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Buco wrote: »
    What about the old Mokum city @adrian anything there as cool and sweet as Ten Cat?

Nothing can be exactly the same as the Ten Cat, but, yes, Amsterdam has nice cafes to jam in. :)

Adrian