Read the full story here

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator

Another winner from Bob!

Finally. It felt like he's retiring.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator

True, true Buco ;-)

It was a "study" heavy year. I had the chance to spend a significant amount of time with two particularly good Rome era Selmers and made the most of it. (an understatement, thank you Michael) In the middle of that, I got the opportunity to do the same with two particularly nice prewar Martins and did that as well. Granted, GJ guitars and Western guitars operate on different driving and dampening principles, but there are also significant similarities including the relationship of the top to the back and the character of frequency dependent modes and node formation on and off braces. Plenty of eye opening moments, and time passed quickly. It was a fascinating year and and a somewhat expensive one (lol) but I learned a lot and am back in the saddle now.

t-birdMichaelHorowitzBucoadrianMehran s
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭

Hey Bob haven't seen the Nouveau model for a while, is that one still going to be produced?

@Bob Holo I thought the guitar sounded exceptionally good but chalked it up to some kind of placebo effect of not hearing a Holo in awhile.

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

If something happened to my Holo I'd buy the first one available, even though I have one it is always tempting to see what Bob is up to and get another.

• edited July 2019 Posts: 4,730

I think this is the one to get, Craig.

PS oops, on hold...

Scoredog
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator

Thanks Gents!

Yes, I'm definitely still making the Nouveau model. This past year has been pretty much all Selmer immersion, but I can't wait to try what I've learned on the Nouveau. With that in mind, a few months back I rough-thinned a nice piece of cedar and put it in the front of the little humidity controlled cabinet where I keep things overnight during a build. It just sits there and taunts me daily, haha...

L'ami GueriBuco
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.