DjangoBooks.com

Manouchepicks Microphone by Jokko

2»

Comments

• rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

Last week I received mine and I have to agree with everything already said. It is indeed a very good microphone.

I’m still looking for the best way to temporarily attach it to the guitar. So it can be completely removed when I don’t need it. I tried Velcro tape to attach the jack to the tailpiece, but after some time the Velcro gets loose and it touches the body producing a unpleasant rattling on certain notes.

So, I’m very interested what other people tried and how they temporarily attach the microphone. Thank you.

-Sebastian

Buco

Sebastian, most people do the external mount and leave it on the guitar (Jokko told me more than 90% of what he sells is the external mount). I'd think if you want to take it off when you don't need it the easiest would be to use putty for both the mic and the jack.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

Thanks for the advice @Buco

The putty holds it better in place than the Velcro. I guess this will do it for now. 

Buco

Since this pickup has been mentioned a couple of times recently I think I should update this to say it's not feedback-proof. I've done shows with it where it would go into feedback but I've been able to remove and get plenty of volume using one of the preamps I have.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel