DjangoBooks.com

Angelo's Caprice

Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
in Repertoire Posts: 100
A leadsheet for this piece, i based it upon this version:

BonesBuconomadgtrwdickersonkikiswingJosechikywim

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks Eli, hey even with tab this time! What program do you use for writing the chart?
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    Nice work!
    Elí Saúl
  • Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
    edited December 2018 Posts: 100
    Bones wrote: »
    Thanks Eli, hey even with tab this time! What program do you use for writing the chart?

You're welcome again!, well i dont do tabs that much, only for material for my students, or when i struggle to remember a melody (like this one bc we haven't been playing ir that much).

I use Musescore, i'm kind of married with it. I used to be a kind of Linux nerd, so im into open source proyects like that. Althouth Musescore isn't really stable in Linux :(
  • kikiswingkikiswing FranceNew Bob Holo : Model Nouveau 2018. Pierre Anastasio 1985
    Congratulations for the good work and thanks!
    Elí Saúl
  • Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
    kikiswing wrote: »
    Congratulations for the good work and thanks!

You're welcome!
    kikiswing
  • kikiswingkikiswing FranceNew Bob Holo : Model Nouveau 2018. Pierre Anastasio 1985
    edited March 2020 Posts: 8

Hi,

I've taken some time to work on your tab and here is the version i have recorded yesterday at home:

In France, we are confined in our homes and that gives opportunities to work on some new pieces.

Hope you will like it.

Best regards

BucoJSantabillyshakesBones
  • pmgpmg Atherton, CANew Dupont MD50R, Shelley Park Custom, Super 400, 68 Les Paul Deluxe, Stevie Ray Strat

Very nice work!!! So I was there and video taped one of the versions that they did that day and got totally sucked into this great tune. Here is my quick and dirty transcription which I tried to boil down to one page. I did not true it up with your version. I've only performed it a few times since it needs to practiced with others and is too difficult for casual jams - even with good players.

Comments appreciated.

kikiswing
    I'm always interested in jamming with experienced jazz and gypsy jazz players in the San Francisco - San Jose area. Drop me a line. Bass players welcome!