DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz Club in SF Bay Area

Have you been bitten by the gypsy jazz bug?

Then come and be a part of the first Gypsy Jazz Club in the South Bay at Keith Holland Guitars. The inaugural meeting will be on Saturday, January 20th 2018 from 1:00 to 2:30pm with monthly meetings to follow. The club will provide the venue and opportunity to learn, jam, meet other players and have fun. A professional is hosting the jam and will be teaching a few concepts and coaching players on how they are used in a song. As the club grows, we will look into opportunities to bring in luthiers and other experts to speak on various topics related to Gypsy jazz. The meetings are open to all with a $20 donation. If you know anybody who would be interested, please feel free to share this post. Please RSVP to me so we can get an accurate head count.
jonpowlcrescendogitpickerAndyW

Comments

• Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    Count me in. I may have a Tahoe bday trip that weekend but for now I’m in for this club!
  • crescendocrescendo Palo Alto, CaliforniaNew Favino
    Same - I'm there like a bear!
    MartiniMax
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    I'm from the Bay Area. If I were around I think this would be a fun gathering. Hope you guys keep it going! Maybe I can drop in next time I'm on my yearly visit back home if it overlaps.
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    gitpicker wrote: »
    I'm from the Bay Area. If I were around I think this would be a fun gathering. Hope you guys keep it going! Maybe I can drop in next time I'm on my yearly visit back home if it overlaps.

You can bring us one of those new Eastman prototypes :)
    If I can get out of Beijing first!
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • crescendocrescendo Palo Alto, CaliforniaNew Favino
    @MartiniMax - do you have any songs in mind? Could be nice to prep
    I'll be in the Bay Area in late February, if there's another session please do let me know, perhaps I'll drop in.
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
  • crescendo wrote: »
    @MartiniMax - do you have any songs in mind? Could be nice to prep

I think we will focus on some easy tunes like Minor Swing, Dark Eyes, and All of Me. More advanced people will get some solo ideas to use in the jam.

• Glad to see so much interest! I really need a good showing because if we can foster a Gypsy jazz community through this store, I will make an effort to carry guitars, strings, picks, and other accessories catered to our tastes. We are an Eastman, Heritage, and Godin dealer, and going to the NAMM show looking for the best Gypsy guitars to carry. We also want to continue to bring in experts and luthiers to teach the community. All of this only works with a tight support group. Please help spread the word.
    gitpicker
    See you there!