DjangoBooks.com

New member looking for used guitar

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Buco wrote: »
    Many among the best of the best have used a D hole models for lead: Bireli, Joscho, Angelo... It's more about the particular guitar construction than a basic design.

They use long scale guitars. Different beast. Name one top player who regularly used a short scale D hole... and Django doesn't count... ;)
  • t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    Pick one and work on your technique. I'm sure Stochelo would sound better on my Cigano than I would on his Selmer.
    BucoLango-Django
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    I thought Stochelo dumped his Selmer years ago. Anyway, Stochelo could make a matchbox strung up with rubber bands sound good
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 51
    There's a Paris swing petite bouche on reverb 500 with a case free shipping. Says it's brand new.
  • t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    There's a Paris swing petite bouche on reverb 500 with a case free shipping. Says it's brand new.

You could get a Cigano GJ-10 shipped with a case from djangobooks for the same price.

Feels like I'm beating a dead horse here. Good luck, @guitarshark
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Altamira
    Used d hole gj15 with a pick guard on reverb under 300.

.....seems like a good pick up.

Waiting for the seller to send me a picture of the "small crack" on the top.

The pickgaurd is kinda cool.
    Any other forum members selling any guitars! I'd rather purchase it from somebody who knows what they are talking about. Last day for the cigano sale.....but if I can get something better for a bit more at the right price I'd probably pull the trigger. Anyone need any extra holiday cash?!!?!
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 1,855
    Pick one and work on your technique. I'm sure Stochelo would sound better on my Cigano than I would on his Selmer.

Yup.

I've got this old beater "Fina" Asian Selmer copy that I bought from a friend for $250.

When my friend and I were at Django In June 2008, Stephane Wrembel showed up unannounced and without a guitar, and offered to do a little workshop in the living room of one of the residences.

He asked if anybody had a guitar, so my friend immediately handed him the Fina which I now own...

It will come as no surprise that Stephane played without any accompaniment and made the guitar sound absolutely marvellous...

So I guess my advice would be, just pick one that you like, because for this style of music, you are going to be spending a LOT of time together, just the two of you!

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Yup, sage advice Will! Pick one and start picking! :-) hehe