DjangoBooks.com

New member looking for used guitar

Comments

Cafe americain on reverb with some upgrades 385?

Any better than the cigano???
    There's also the ibanez ragtime special mij...hmmm
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    ibanez ragtime special? check back in with us after you decide what kind of guitar you want!
    t-bird
  • t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    @guitarshark -
    There has been a good deal of feedback in this thread that should help you considerably in making a decision.

After it had been established that a Cigano would be great way to go, you still posted a request for a used guitar. I got ahold of you and offered a Gitane 250M for a very reasonable price (about the same as a new Cigano). You were very interested for about 4 hours and then continued your search which now includes an Ibanez Ragtime (?!?!?).

As @richter4208 stated, you need to figure out what it is you want. There are many audio and video examples out there. Let your ears help you make a decision.

If you could let go of the cyber monday deal and commit to buying from djangobooks, a phone call to Michael would be well worth it. No one knows these guitars as well as he does and I'm sure he could make sure you get "a good one."

Good luck. I hope you find a guitar you really enjoy playing.
    pickitjohnBillDaCostaWilliamsBuco
    Yeah I'm indecisive. Don't have much disposable income. And the deal tbird offered was legit, good stuff. Thanks for all the help guys.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    Yes. Are they Ok for lead stuff? I was more interested in petite bouche guitars.
    Many among the best of the best have used a D hole models for lead: Bireli, Joscho, Angelo... It's more about the particular guitar construction than a basic design. Although one of the best luthiers in the genre, Rodrigo Shopis once said "a D hole guitar is kinda like a room without a furniture" but he built some amazingly good D hole guitars himself.
    And a few more things,
    if you really get a gypsy jazz bug you will sooner or later buy a luthier instrument. Everyone that showed up and stayed on the forum did eventually.
    So don't sweat your first guitar. Beating Cigano in this price range is impossible unless you find a used guitar that you can play first.
    Why don't you call Michael and ask if and how close can he get to MF price? He can yes or no, it's gonna take you a couple of minutes. He immediately picked up a phone every time I called him. And he routinely had the best prices on the Internet for many things.
    Call him...
    t-bird