DjangoBooks.com

New Video - Let's Jam! Online gypsy jazz jam simulator (Another new vid Added!!)

anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
edited November 2016 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 561
Hi Friends! I'm super excited to share with you the first in a new series of videos I'm creating - Let's Jam! Online interactive gypsy jazz jam simulator! This week's song, Coquette.

Basically, it's a real Jam in your own home. instead of just a playalong, you jam with the video, playing rhythm while Mick and I solo, and lead during several places where we play only rhythm. Give it a try and tell me what you think (and/or request a song for next weeks video)

And, here's ANOTHER one, this time it's Swing Gitane

BillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Well that was a lot of fun - irresistible!
    Thanks, Anthony, you're really on a roll this week.
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Thanks man!

By the way friends, I found that when I played along with the video, I found it fun and easy to solo, but playing rhythm was a bit challenging because I couldn't hear the rhythm guitar over my own. anybody find that the case?

I'm thinking the next video I will try to have an extra person there playing rhythm the whole time. Maybe even have my basist there as well.

anthony
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey that WAS fun! Thanks!
  • rob.cuellarirob.cuellari ✭✭✭✭
    i haven't tried this yet, but i know that i would run into that same issue when playing rhythm. this can be resolved a bit more easily by listening through headphones or playing much quieter! :)
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    This is a great idea, Anthony! How about inserting arpeggio/scale sub titles as reminders for budding soloists during the viewer chorus chord changes?
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Great minds think alike, Clement Reboul released an instruction video of Coquette recently: http://www.apprendre-le-jazz-manouche.com/etude-de-grille-5-coquette/
    Hey guys, check out that I added another online Jam video to the original post!
  • pmgpmg Atherton, CANew Dupont MD50R, Shelley Park Custom, Super 400, 68 Les Paul Deluxe, Stevie Ray Strat
    Very nice!!! How about adding a bass in future jams? Keep 'em going!!!
    I'm always interested in jamming with experienced jazz and gypsy jazz players in the San Francisco - San Jose area. Drop me a line. Bass players welcome!
    pmg wrote: »
    Very nice!!! How about adding a bass in future jams? Keep 'em going!!!

That's the plan.

Anthony
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 3,707
    Bass is good. Rhythm in Gitane ...hmmmm...you have basic pompe and second rhythm pattern driving the bus.....too much going on IMHO.....sometimes it works with the solo sometimes I feel it is competing with he solo...not having a conversation.

Having said that it does simulate what often happens in real jams
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed