DjangoBooks.com

New Video - Let's Jam! Online gypsy jazz jam simulator (Another new vid Added!!)

2»

Comments

• anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Jazzaferri wrote: »
    Bass is good. Rhythm in Gitane ...hmmmm...you have basic pompe and second rhythm pattern driving the bus.....too much going on IMHO.....sometimes it works with the solo sometimes I feel it is competing with he solo...not having a conversation.

Having said that it does simulate what often happens in real jams

I agree with you. I would have preferred less ornamentation. Ultimately though, you can't always control what someone else does. For my band mate, if you take away the ornamentation, you take away the fun. I decided to leave it alone, and let it be a more authentic jamming experience.

Anthony
  • Well Anthony, looking at the target market for your sim.....I rather think you made the right choice....many jams I have been to end up with that sort of profusion of rhythms that while they are often pretty much at the same tempo so often are on quite different planets rhythmically. Good practice
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Kevin FurnissKevin Furniss France✭✭ AJL 503 XO
    good fun - but it was a cacophany when I joined in - my wife left the room ;)
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    anthon_74 wrote: »
    Give it a try and tell me what you think (and/or request a song for next weeks video)

Excellent choice for the first 2, Anthony .
    Since you ask, how about stalwarts such as:
    Dark Eyes
    Djangology
    Minor Swing
    Daphne (or other rhythm changes song)
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Thanks Bill! Daphne sure sounds good. Minor swing we should probably do as well. I'm also thinking about doing I can't give you anything but love.

Cheers!

Anthony