DjangoBooks.com

Fakebook for Bb instruments?

thorjensenthorjensen Brooklyn, NY Jerome Duffell
in Welcome Posts: 22
Does anyone know if there is a transposed version of the Django Fakebook for Bb trumpet? I like playing with horn players, and having the melodies transposed sure would save me some pencil lead.

Thanks

Comments

• edited June 2015 Posts: 3,707
    Good horn players get used to transposing from concert. Not aware of any transposed lead sheets.

For chords for improvising I use iRealPro. Change keys and transpose to Bb Eb and F instruments.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    You can always use

http://guitarejazzmanouche.com/grilles/

pick a song then pick your key Bb ...TONALITE

Here's a copy of Rose Room

billyshakes
  • thorjensenthorjensen Brooklyn, NY Jerome Duffell
    @Jazzaferri That is usually the case, I just like to be over prepared. I'll check out iRealPro. Thanks.

Thanks @pickitjohn, that'll be useful.
  • If you download all 1600 tunes from the forum you should have enough to go on for awhile. Check em out before you use em though a number have decidedly outside the box chords. St Louis Blues comes as a std 12 bar blues LOL???
  • paulboupaulbou
    Here is a pdf with a personal collection of Django tunes transposed for Bb instruments. Feel free to share.
    http://bit.ly/1AKyoF0
    There are many websites that will transpose chords, which is only half the story when you are a horn player. Let me know if the link works for you.
    pickitjohnJazzaferribopster
  • thorjensenthorjensen Brooklyn, NY Jerome Duffell
    @paulbou you rule! That's absolutely perfect. Thank you, sir.
    Jazzaferri
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 3,707
    @paulbou , nice work. :). Do you mind if I print a few off?
  • paulboupaulbou
    Go ahead and share with others for free. But you cannot sell the charts! They are protected by my copyleft - creative commons restriction. "Free to all, owned by no one !"
    pickitjohnLoritmo
  • As one who does charts for the odd bit of money...I quite appreciate and would not sell or distribute without express permission, for which I thank you.

As I am the horn player as well as rhythm guitar in our group I will be the only one who might use them
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Thanks Paulbou!!