DjangoBooks.com

Robin Nolan's Fast Track

PerltonePerltone ✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 29
I have not seen any reviews of this. Anybody?

Comments

• Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
    I just signed up last night.It looks like an amazing tool ,and I can't wait to get deeper into the lessons. It looks well put together,and very logical.
    Practice ,Practice,EAT PRACTICE- Tommy Tedesco
  • NolanNolan Amsterdam✭✭✭✭
    good to have you aboard Ian.

the doors are open for a few slots for a few more hours

www.GypsyJazzFastTrack.com

cheers,

robin
    www.GypsyJazzSecrets.com
    www.Gypsyjazzworldpassport.com
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I jumped on board as well yesterday, after missing out on the early bird offer in November. I have access to a great teacher here in Chicago, but I really like Robin's original take on things, and I like having his licks in hand to use in places where I can't figure out what I want to play.

Robin's a really good guy as well, and that positive, encouraging nature really comes across on the couple of clips I have watched so far.

I think this can be a good tool, even for those of us who have access to good teachers. For those who don't, I think Robin's course could be the difference between floundering and making steady progress.

Combine this with Denis Chang's videos and Wrembel's and Michael's books, and you could learn gypsy jazz no matter where you live.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    I jumped in last weekend. I've taken to reviewing a slick ninja move or two the afternoon before the gig, and incorporating it that night. The ideas are small enough to digest very quickly. It's really paying off, and I'm having a good time with it.

Ninja moves for Bossa Dorado were integrated last Sunday, and Danse Norvegienne will get some Wicked Crispy Chords for tomorrow
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • weechimpyweechimpy New
    Trying to register on this fasttrack but having no luck. I understand there is no more spaces but everytime I try to leave my contact to be notified I get an errror redirction from the site.
    ANy idea, looks like some people have registered lately.

Thanks
  • GJFANGJFAN New
    I think it's a good course. You can keep going back to it and picking at it a little at a time which is what I do. There were apparently some more openings last weekend when he released his new CD but it is closed again for the time being. Maybe try contacting him through email which can be found on his site http://www.robinnolan.com Thats how I first contacted him.
  • HolmesHolmes ✭✭
    I would be more interested in this if you could play his lessons on an IPAD. Its all I have to use!
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Holmes lives in a flash free environment - let's include him in our prayers tonight. :lol:
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    A day without flash is like a day without sunshine.
    There are some tricks and twiddles you can do to get it working on an Ipad though. I wouldn't know what they are as i tend to avoid overpriced underfunctioning products.
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    daaaaaaang! :shock: :lol:
    Full disclosure: I am an Apple user.... Though, not an addict. :D

Let's not turn this into an iPad bashing thread. :wink:

On topic! I've been curious if what Robin is teaching in his fast track course is different from the passages in his "Licks" books. Can someone confirm?