• Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Yes, much of it is different, although some is the same
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    different much is same some is Mmmmm :D

thanks!
  • PerltonePerltone ✭✭✭
    I got in around Xmas. I was disappointed in that much of the material is not transcribed. The head and chords to each tune are charted out like in his books, but the additional licks and moves are not. If you are an intermediate GJ guy, you will have to watch much of this many times to get it. There is a ton of good material here, but for the price, I expected more of it to be written out. He does demonstrate much of it "slowly", but it is still pretty quick. For instance, he improvises through the chords of each tune in whole, half and quarter notes which is very cool, but hard to follow.
    Don't take this wrong because I think Robin is one of the most valuable resources out there and I truly appreciate his efforts. Just my two cents.
  • GJFANGJFAN New
    Robin goes through 6 tunes. The only book I have of his is Essential Gypsy Jazz Guitar Licks Volume 2 and the only tune in the book that he uses in his course is All of Me. Some of the licks are the same in the book as in the online course for that tune. Tab or notation for his online course solos would be nice. I am willing to do it by ear but occasionally notation speeds things up which is what I like about the Rosenberg online course. Everything is played fast and slow for the learn it by ear and watching crowd but you also get tab notation and picking directions if you need them. Robin's course is a onetime only payment though and I would certainly recommend it. For the money it's great value. Plus he is a inspiring player to watch on the videos.