DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

Galloda90 bucoo damjan_pejcin Kayakman1

Trio Gitane disc available?????

CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
edited October 2005 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 557
Looking to see if this disc is still available. It is called Trio Gitane with Babik Reinhardt, Boulou Ferre and Christian Escoude. Actually I am looking for anything with Escoude. but This record in particular.
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Comments

• stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    CalebFSU wrote:
    Looking to see if this disc is still available. It is called Trio Gitane with Babik Reinhardt, Boulou Ferre and Christian Escoude. Actually I am looking for anything with Escoude. but This record in particular.

Its a great recording( the CD title is actually "three of a kind") with some great originals by Boulou("Laurent") and Babik.
    As far as i know its still available.
    Also worth getting is Escoude's trio record with Philip Catherine and Didier Lockwood;of course its not 'gypsy jazz' but has that lovely European feel we all love
    Escoude also did a nice trio recording(playing on a real Selmer) with cellist jean pierre Capon and a string bass player whose name escapes me;its an evocation of Paris and was released on Fremeaux in 2001.It has a great version of the musette valse "Indifference" on it.
    Stu
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Thanks for the info Stu. I am still looking around for a copy of the Phillipe Catherine Escoude stuff.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    The Escoude trio CD: PARIS MA MUSE

I'll get that one in soon!

'm