DjangoBooks.com

Trio Gitane disc available?????

CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
edited October 2005 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 557
Looking to see if this disc is still available. It is called Trio Gitane with Babik Reinhardt, Boulou Ferre and Christian Escoude. Actually I am looking for anything with Escoude. but This record in particular.
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Comments

• stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    CalebFSU wrote:
    Looking to see if this disc is still available. It is called Trio Gitane with Babik Reinhardt, Boulou Ferre and Christian Escoude. Actually I am looking for anything with Escoude. but This record in particular.

Its a great recording( the CD title is actually "three of a kind") with some great originals by Boulou("Laurent") and Babik.
    As far as i know its still available.
    Also worth getting is Escoude's trio record with Philip Catherine and Didier Lockwood;of course its not 'gypsy jazz' but has that lovely European feel we all love
    Escoude also did a nice trio recording(playing on a real Selmer) with cellist jean pierre Capon and a string bass player whose name escapes me;its an evocation of Paris and was released on Fremeaux in 2001.It has a great version of the musette valse "Indifference" on it.
    Stu
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Thanks for the info Stu. I am still looking around for a copy of the Phillipe Catherine Escoude stuff.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    The Escoude trio CD: PARIS MA MUSE

I'll get that one in soon!

'm