DjangoBooks.com

Van Hemert System

TwangTwang New
edited January 2022 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 411

Thought I'd share some of my early experiences with the Van Hemert system. About a year ago I bought the book which includes access to a set of accompanying videos on youtube. I had a flick through the book and it didn't look very convincing or engaging so I threw it onto the growing pile of unused resources... and there it lay forgotten.

Shortly before Christmas I was looking through my stuff looking for inspiration and I picked up the Van Hemert system again. This time I gave it a proper look and resolved to really commit to it and see what happens. That was six weeks ago and in that time I've put a considerable amount of hours into this.

Now it's still early days but this method seems really good! I'm really noticing some progress and I've always got a clear goal to aim for every time I pick up the guitar. Once you've got his fundamental shapes under you fingers it quickly becomes fun.

Hopefully this post will help other struggling improvisers.

BillDaCostaWilliamsgeese_comvanmalmsteenrudolfochristbillyshakes

Comments

• vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M

I know I’ve gotten a lot out of his YouTube stuff for sure! Very direct method.

Twang
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator

I'm staying at Christiaan's house right now, we've been using the van Hemert system on his X Box, it works quite well

geese_comBonesChristopheCaringtonrudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliamsvanmalmsteen
  • cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭

Dennis - would you ask Christiaan this? Thanks! I need to download the PDF version of this but the old link that was sent appears to no longer work. The new link could be sent to me at [email protected]

Regards to you both! See you in Langley if this Pandemic ever ends! Also I want the both of you to try out my number 250X√-1 (serial number) new guitar by Shelley Park that has some subtle "secret sauce" in its design and get your impressions. Michael will be trying it after the Omicron Wave and before the inevitable Pi wave

Casey

• HenrikHenrik New

Where in the UK can i buy this book?

• TwangTwang New

If you email him, he’ll send you one direct.

https://christiaanvanhemert.com/contact