DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthday

bullethead

Van Hemert System

TwangTwang New
edited January 24 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 376

Thought I'd share some of my early experiences with the Van Hemert system. About a year ago I bought the book which includes access to a set of accompanying videos on youtube. I had a flick through the book and it didn't look very convincing or engaging so I threw it onto the growing pile of unused resources... and there it lay forgotten.

Shortly before Christmas I was looking through my stuff looking for inspiration and I picked up the Van Hemert system again. This time I gave it a proper look and resolved to really commit to it and see what happens. That was six weeks ago and in that time I've put a considerable amount of hours into this.

Now it's still early days but this method seems really good! I'm really noticing some progress and I've always got a clear goal to aim for every time I pick up the guitar. Once you've got his fundamental shapes under you fingers it quickly becomes fun.

Hopefully this post will help other struggling improvisers.

Bill Da Costa Williamsgeese_comvanmalmsteenrudolfochristbillyshakes

Comments