DjangoBooks.com

For Sale Vintage 'Paul Beuscher' 50's Guitar likely Castellucia

edited April 2021 in Classifieds Posts: 42

Check out this piece of Gypsy Jazz History. This rare D-hole/Oval hole guitar is one of several instruments sold under the "Paul Beuscher" label during the 1950's. Beuscher sold the instruments of a variety of luthiers who were active in Paris in the 40's and 50's, such as Favino, Castelluccia & Bucolo. When it was sold to me the idea was that it was a Horace Bucolo, but when I sent pictures to Michael Horowitz he seemed very confident it was a Castellucia. This has a beautiful Cedar top & Mahogany back and sides. It has a non-braced bent back & ladder braced top. Creating the lightest guitar I have ever held, and possibly one of the loudest. Check out the attached YouTube Video for more info. (my Apologizes for the singing, happy to make a more guitar demo version) It certainly shows wear and age as any 70 year old guitar would have, but has been relatively well maintained. Fret Compression, and regular set-ups. The guitar was originally set up by renowned Montreal Gypsy jazz luthier Martin Tremblay.

I have it on Reverb for 3,000 plus shipping. But I love this forum and would consider $2,500 OBO on this forum.

-Action height on Bass side: 3.4mm Treble Side 3.1mm

-No truss rod

-Strap button has been added.

-Original Tuners

-Non-Original tail-piece

Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwxeaLadQUA

rudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliamsWillie

Comments