DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthday

anthonymurrayco

For Sale Vintage 'Paul Beuscher' 50's Guitar likely Castellucia

edited April 16 in Classifieds Posts: 41

Check out this piece of Gypsy Jazz History. This rare D-hole/Oval hole guitar is one of several instruments sold under the "Paul Beuscher" label during the 1950's. Beuscher sold the instruments of a variety of luthiers who were active in Paris in the 40's and 50's, such as Favino, Castelluccia & Bucolo. When it was sold to me the idea was that it was a Horace Bucolo, but when I sent pictures to Michael Horowitz he seemed very confident it was a Castellucia. This has a beautiful Cedar top & Mahogany back and sides. It has a non-braced bent back & ladder braced top. Creating the lightest guitar I have ever held, and possibly one of the loudest. Check out the attached YouTube Video for more info. (my Apologizes for the singing, happy to make a more guitar demo version) It certainly shows wear and age as any 70 year old guitar would have, but has been relatively well maintained. Fret Compression, and regular set-ups. The guitar was originally set up by renowned Montreal Gypsy jazz luthier Martin Tremblay.

I have it on Reverb for 3,000 plus shipping. But I love this forum and would consider $2,500 OBO on this forum.

-Action height on Bass side: 3.4mm Treble Side 3.1mm

-No truss rod

-Strap button has been added.

-Original Tuners

-Non-Original tail-piece

Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwxeaLadQUA

rudolfochristBill Da Costa WilliamsWillie

Comments