DjangoBooks.com

Q+A / Private online concert with Bireli Lagrene, Jimmy Rosenberg, Rocky Gresset, Tchavolo Schmitt,

Comments

If anyone wants discounted tickets

You mean for the right to access the video? Which I'd think is the right way to present these sessions afterwards. It might offer some recurring revenue to the musicians.

Dennis I just want to say that what you're doing is truly praiseworthy.

billyshakes
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

You mean for the right to access the video?

I had the same question. Didn't participate live or get to ask questions but might be interested in paying a small fee to watch the concert/workshop. Maybe create a teaser trailer?

BillDaCostaWilliams
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    edited April 2020 Posts: 2,159

Your wish is my command. Clips from Bireli s show from last Saturday as well as previously unreleased videos of Rocky!

https://youtu.be/xBWOM1BibBo

for bireli , i ll still sell tickets on discount until may 1st after which I ll be sending him the money

he had a good time and would like to do it again w a proper Q+A. I had sound issues because of Facetime last time. Didn't get to test the sound w him as it was last minute. Bireli bailed me two hours before the show! So i m thankful for him!

Bucovanmalmsteen

Here’s the intro of the previous video transcribed on the legendary Soundslice:

https://www.soundslice.com/slices/mW5Vc/

Happened a few times at Django in June, when in the class with one of the French teachers (who are monster players themselves) and Rocky's name would come up, their reaction would usually be "ohhh Rocky" along with the expression of awe and disbelief.

vanmalmsteenBillDaCostaWilliams
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Yes indeed! Show’s tomorrow! Last chance... next will probably be Adrien Moignard or Angelo Debarre. It took forever for Angelo to figure out how to install Skype. The good news is that his son lives next door ,so we can have an actual band maybe...

BillDaCostaWilliams

Hello! Next artist this coming Saturday is Adrien Moignard. If you re interested please get in touch by email

thus far, it s been lots of fun with Benji, Bireli and Rocky! Thanks all for supporting these artists!

• nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault

It was great to listen to Rocky just cut loose in the comfort of his home. Even with the technology challenges it was well worth it IMHO. Perhaps the most humorous moment during the show was Bireli commenting "Rocky is bad ass!". Priceless!

Buco
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M

Ahhh danggg, I knew I should’ve jumped in on this one!

Rocky felt bad about his connection, he finally figured out what went wrong with his wifi... who knows?

but he told me he’d like to offer u guys another mini session for those who signed up for free..i ‘ll schedule it with him, and let u guys know by email. He’s a really nice guy!

Adrien Moignard is next and maybe Angelo Debarre after, but I need to test his connection

here’s the info for adrien moignard.

Hello,

This is a copy and paste message since I have a lot of requests, sorry I cannot answer all individual questions but I think I cover everything here. For the shows, please send 25$ CANADIAN (cheaper than Euros and USD ;-) ) to [email protected] and please SPECIFY the ARTIST you are interested in and YOUR EMAIL CONTACT . Some of you don’t use the same emails for Paypal, so you never received the link on time last time. 

Next show: May 9th Adrien Moignard 18:00 Paris time, 12pm NYC time, 9am LA time.

About 10-15 minutes before the show, I will send you an email link, and you just have to click on it. If 5 minutes before the show, you haven’t received an email , please contact me ASAP. When the show starts, I will periodically check emails but I will be slower. After the show, the video remains online as long as my Youtube account exists

Bonjour

Pour les évènements, veuillez SVP envoyer 25$ canadien à mon compte PayPal : [email protected] . Veuillez bien préciser L’ARTISTE et VOTRE ADRESSE MAIL. 

Prochain concert: Adrien Moignard 9 mai 18:00 France / 12:00pm Québec

10-15 minutes avant le début du spectacle, je vous enverrai un lien Youtube. Il suffit juste de cliquer sur ce lien! Si jamais vous ne recevez pas de mails de ma part 5 minutes avant le concert, envoyez moi un message directement [email protected] 

Le lien restera actif après le concert, vous allez pouvoir visionner le concert en tout temps  :-) 

Merci!