DjangoBooks.com

Integrale Django set -- Really complete?

Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
edited April 2011 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 589
HI fellas. Now the Integrale Django Reinhardt 20 CD set is several years old, I've been wondering how complete or incomplete is it?

Seems I've heard some comments before that there are some recordings missing. Anyone out there have any idea of what's missing if anything? Any idea where to find these "missing" recordings?

AE

Comments

• cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭

There is a 5 hourish long concert with Dizzy that someone is trying to secure the rights to publish. There was one other thing posted here in the last year. Its inevitable that other stuff emerges from the attics and basements

Buco
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    edited October 2019 Posts: 768

Wish it could be true, what a marvel in that case!

There are also some tunes with the ATC Band...

MichaelHorowitz
  • cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭

My mother-in-law mentioned to me that she saw the ATC band!!!!My father-in-law flew 41 missions as a B-17 Navigator over Europe out of England and earned a Distinguished Flying Cross for flying the B-17 home after the tail controls were severed in the bomb bay. He was just aft. Fortunately the intercom still worked and the pilot told him to grab the wires with his hands (fortunately gloved) and feet (shoes) and he controlled the tail trims and stabilizer all the way back to England 2+ hours later. Men were Men back then!

Casey

MichaelHorowitzBuco

That story is nuts. Wow, incredible. If I saw that in the movie I'd think they're way exaggerating the reality. By the way that should be in some movie some day.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • criminelcriminel buenos aires✭✭✭

It's been a while since Daniel Nevers completed his masterful work. He himself will be the first one to admit that there may be some new discoveries yet to be made.

On the other hand, even if I'm curious about the sound quality of the Label Ouest sets I'm wondering... How "remastered" can a new remaster be? There's only a couple of sources in good condition so far. But then again I guess it's a matter of taste.

By the way, I'm still unable to get the vol18 with the 50's Italy recordings. If anyone has an alternative mp3 source I'll be grateful (I will not get into a piracy discussion here, let's just say that buying from abroad is insanely expensive for us living in Argentina right now).

• scotscot Virtuoso
  • rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

@criminel You can listen to it on YouTube https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l2HKCedRtL9kTvPWbdRorodVhgai7936k

Not sure if this is an option for you or Argentinian residents in general.

Thanks.

The link doesn't seem to work here. I have a Spotify account (I assume Youtube music works in the same way). The problem is that neither the Integrale Fremeaux or the Label Ouest editions are available on those platforms. A pity.

In any case, thanks again :-)

• rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100
    edited October 2019 Posts: 139

Actually you can replace music with www in the URL and you come to the normal YouTube Playlist UI.

YouTube Music seems just to be an application frontend for music listening, but the data resides on YT. Perhaps the videos a restriected in Argentina. A couple of years ago many vids where blocked in Germany as well by the GEMA. Sucked as hell.