DjangoBooks.com

Rosenberg Academy is live!

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    just wanted to clarify that i have zero affiliation with RA... but I must say, the design is really beautiful!

i'm working on my own site at the moment, but it's a very different concept from all these monthly membership sites..
  • effinednaeffinedna New
    Why not Rollero Bolero?
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    Just seen this thread and have to say when the original post was put up my bullshit radar went off. Really, where else in life would you hand over money for something that is 'going to be great', without actually seeing what ypur paying for.

If your not happy with what you paid for, demand your money back. With the great reports i'm hearing about the gypsy jazz academy, i know i would.
    Thats my 2 cents anywho
  • effinednaeffinedna New
    redblues wrote "If your not happy with what you paid for, demand your money back.*

Wish I'd thought of that.
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    you don't have to type it out effinenda there is a quote button.

your welcome
  • Thanks for the heads up. I considered this and will pass for now until it develops a bit more. I'm glad I didn't go for the pre-sale. At the same time, I'm glad to see that this site finally got off the ground. I'll be keeping an eye on it.
    redblues wrote:
    where else in life would you hand over money for something that is 'going to be great', without actually seeing what ypur paying for.

Frankly,I wouldn't have enrolled if I'd had the chance to look at the content before.
    As I mentioned I am disapointed with Rhythm and Technique course.
    The design looks very good (but is it more important than the content?), the quality of movies could be better but I can't complain about them.The forum doesnt work after a week or so.

I don't get one think, after all these comments about quantity of the movies and lessons and still not working forum the only explanation we got is: "For people who want more lessons I suggest: wait 6 months because many more will be available by then!"
    Why didnt we get this info before subscribing?

"If you are able to do them at the same tempo and with the same tone Stochelo does them you do not need lessons." Can the buyer decide, please? One wants to learn Stochelos picking technique another one want to learn his phrasing or develop his own ideas. I don't thing people enroll to play
    exactly note by note as Stocholo does. Is the world waiting for a spare Stochelo? I would doubt it.

I am glad Christiaan finally removed the previous text from FORUM bookmark sayin: "Forum doesn't work, foucus on the lessons instead" :) I think Christiaan, we all have done it by now and we are waiting for some more lessons to change our opinion about the website that we have all been waiting for 7-8 months and paid our money.

I still believe we will see a lot of stuff at the RA very soon.

Greetings to Mr.Stochelo!

Cheers
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    In fact a lot of time did go into it. I think some people are missing the point of the RA. It is expected that you copy Stochelo for a while, that is why the trancriptions are so detailed. And the solos that Stochelo plays on Gypsy Groovin' and Minor Swing are #$%-great!

This is the way Stochelo learnt how to play: by copying Django Reinhardt note for note. After doing this for a while your brain will automatically start to connect licks and phrases from different solos you've learnt and your improvisational skills will develop subconsciously. Studying these solos is studying technique by the way.

You can talk about theory and scales all day. It might seem very interesting but it won't help you at all when somebody looks at you when it's your time to solo.

I have studied music theory and even teach it at conservatory level but I learnt how to really play from Stochelo. He inspired me to studying Grappelli solos for five years straight day in and day out. The result is that I can solo on a subconscious level in any tempo Stochelo throws at me. Total freedom on stage and that is what you can get from studying the solos and exercises provided at the academy.

About video quality: the technique course was the very first thing we shot (last year in June). We had some issues with lighting but that has been rectified in later courses. (hey, it was the first time we started an online school, we will perfect all this).

You really think paying 21 euro per month (one month free if you sign up for 6 months) is a lot of money for Stochelo showing you all his licks and phrases slowly and written down?? You must be kidding right?

Please, don't sign up if you think that is not worth it...that's just sad.

Oh.. and the forum is open!
  • arjrarjr ✭✭✭
    I think your missing the point Hemert, from what I've read it seems that
    people have been waiting quite a while and when it finally arrived
    there wasn't much offered as of yet.

I'm sure there will be a lot of content added later, I'm a member
    of the Gyspy Jazz academy and the same thing happened there.
    There were only a few lessons available but new lessons were added
    weekly.

I really believe both the RA and Gypsy Jazz Academy should have waited
    till the there was more content on their sites but that's business.

Angelo
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    Well that's true. But to be fair we stated exactly how many courses would be online. I do understand that people would like to see more however! And we will of course do that. Two courses will be added in March:

- lessons and transcription of the Django solo of "Les Yeux Noirs"
    - common chord voicings

Hope to see all of you online at some point (maybe way, way in the future :)