DjangoBooks.com

Rosenberg Trio and Biréli : "Djangologists" Album OUT NOW !

Comments

• Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    Mission accomplished !

DJANGOLOGISTS is now available on The Rosenberg Trio's offical website : http://www.therosenbergtrio.com/

Those really not into buying digital music can still grab the 6-track mini album while waiting for an hypothetical CD release... (might happen, who knows)
    djangologists-600px.jpg
    "There's no business like shoe business"
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
  • ibradburibradbur Halifax Nova Scotia✭✭✭
    Has anyone downloaded the movie? I got the album fine, but the movie stops at 10-20% every time I try.

best,
    Ian
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    I'm still waiting for the download instructions. I bet the download server is very impacted today!
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • Super Mario MaccaferriSuper Mario Maccaferri Route Nationale 20, FranceNew
    Guys, you can download a second after you've proceeded your purchase... log into the site and go to "my downloadable products"... some people have experienced download failures today but in the end it worked...
    also DO THINK of using a right click and "save link target as..." for more efficiency.

...maybe there's a little bit of a "rush hour" effect on the server today, though, yes :)
    "There's no business like shoe business"
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Dennis,

Thanks again for all the transcriptions and other online stuff. You're keeping me very busy.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    HCQ
    Guys, you can download a second after you've proceeded your purchase... log into the site and go to "my downloadable products"... some people have experienced download failures today but in the end it worked...
    also DO THINK of using a right click and "save link target as..." for more efficiency.

...maybe there's a little bit of a "rush hour" effect on the server today, though, yes :)

Right-click and Save Target As works WAAAAAY better!!!! :D
  • ibradburibradbur Halifax Nova Scotia✭✭✭
    Still no luck getting the movie and it appears the server is down at the moment. :(
  • WColsherWColsher PhiladelphiaNew
    Well, it took about half a dozen tries but I've got the tracks.

As with others, the movie seems equally difficult - 80-90MB or so and it quits.

With all due respect to a bunch of great musicians and a production team that obviously busted *ss to get this together - your hosting company has let you down. I haven't had this much trouble downloading since the mid-80's.

But... if you haven't invested the 8 euro - do it anyway (with patience)!

You'll get gypsy speed, gypsy lyricism, a sensitive rhythm workshop (Clair de Lune is playing right now). The recording (iMac -> Denon AVR435 -> old Norman monitors) is "present", articulate without that obnoxious "you can hear every pick and finger movement" - just really well done IMHO. I'll leave details to those who know the material better (i.e. nearly everyone!).

Hey Cool! Eagles style twin leads (Double Jeu)...

I'll listen and read the liner notes now...
    8 Euros is less than $12 USD with today's exchange rate (jan. 11, 2010). Practically a steal for 24 tracks + a movie! If it were only this easy to get the Rosenberg Trio to tour the States.....