DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

Stef Nä ugarte downstrokebaby Morpion

Anyone know good versions of these tunes with vocals?

billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Altamira M10
edited August 2007 in Welcome Posts: 132
I was looking to get some of these jazz standards that Django played by artists contemporary with Django with vocals so I could better understand and remember the melodies. Anybody have any advice on the following albums I found available on iTunes Music Store?

J’attendrai- Jean Sablon…there are a few versions. Is there any other artist that one would recommend. I figured he would be closer to the Django version since he arranged it for Django (or so I read)

Melodie au crepuscule- Found this one on a CD called Django Reinhardt and the Singers with Jean Sablon. I don’t have any of these songs in my Django stuff (incl. Crepuscule). Any opinions on the compilation CD (sound quality, etc?)

What is This Thing Called Love- who hasn’t done this? I like Ella Fitzgerald’s version. Any other versions to recommend?

Je suis seul ce soir-anyone know a good vocal version?

Also have heard there are lyrics to Nuages?
Thanks to all,
Bill

Comments