DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

CyrilGaffiero tbleen Sticconti

Cordoba Gitano D-5 Guitar, is it worth it?

2»

Comments

• PierrotPierrot New
    I've seen loads of pros using Gitanes in the UK. Gitane+AER seems to be standard.

BTW, for my money, it's the strings that really count. GJ boxes don;t feel or sound like GJ boxes
    with standard strings. When you have light, wiggly strings under your fingers, the GJ groove happens naturally. Bireli played great GJ on a lightly strung Ovation in the 80s.
    Il n'y a pas d'amour heureux
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    I was there, he played amazingly, but I have heard rumours of the Gitane story..TELL ME!!!! (A p.m would do) 8)
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
    And by the way-from my expereince a Cigano is the only option if you are on a really tight budget-I love 'em, so does Robin Nolan :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebWqfbHhE_w
    nice new vid of the man himself-deffo NOT playing a Gitane. He's a great player, it can't be denied a torch carrier when gypsy jazz was not known that well by us Gadjos
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Robin played at The Midwest Gypsy Jazz Festival this past September on a borrowed Gitane 250M. He sounded pretty good on it, which only reinforces that the player is more important than the guitar when it comes to sound. When I played it, it just sounded like...well...a Gitane. When Robin played it, it sounded like Robin Nolan, if you know what I mean.

I have only played two Cordobas, and would not recommend them, considering that a decent Cigano isn't much more money and is a much better instrument.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Altamira M30, Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar

@rmatichak Denis is Denis Chang. He is DC Music School, and is both a great instructor and historian of this music and its players.

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Denis is an international treasure.

It would be very lucky, any time you could spend with him...

Buco
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."