Sound-hole lid for GJ guitar (petite bouche)

BernieBernie France Gitane DG 300 J.Jorgensen


Someone I know would like to get a soundhole lid (or whatever the real name is) for his Dupont MD 50-B ; you know the kind of thing sometimes used by acoustic guitar players (folk, pop or rock mostly) to avoid feedback when playing live, by covering the sound-hole... All those that I see advertised from shops look too large, and don't have the right shape, as this is a Gipsy Jazz "petite bouche" guitar...

Anybody would know where this could be found, if it does exist for those kind of guitars ?




  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Altamira M10
    Posts: 1,179

    I think what you are talking about is a "Feedback Buster" or other trade names that have been used to describe that fitted rubber stopper that covers an amplified acoustic to stop it from generating feedback through a PA. Unfortunately, I've never seen one for a Selmer style guitar (oval or D-hole). In fact, I think there are other sized Martin soundholes where people have wanted the same thing. Not sure the size of the market, but it seems like an opportunity for someone enterprising?

  • djazzydjazzy New Riccardo Mordeglia, AJL
    Posts: 52

    We're long overdue for this thing! Should be in @V-dub's wheelhouse!

  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Altamira M10
    Posts: 1,179

    I guess you can't really print with rubber, but you could use silicone or some other malleable substance. This video shows a neat design for a standard guitar.

  • BernieBernie France Gitane DG 300 J.Jorgensen
    edited October 23 Posts: 26

    Yes I agree with you Billy Shakes : there doesn't seem to be anything available yet for GJ guitars, when there are quite a few things for Martins, Gibsons, Matons, Yamahas and others...Probably linked to the fact that Gipsy Jazz musicians do not play much with drummers...A niche market maybe, but that could possibly help giving birth to a newer approach to the style who knows...

    Thanks for your input and reply...(and thanks Djazzy too). Regards,


  • pdgpdg ✭✭
    Posts: 423

    Not all petite-bouche soundholes are the same size, but I suppose most are one particlar oval.

  • Posts: 4,618

    Are these feedback busters (silicone?) really something that masking tape wouldn't do?

    Or, how about cork? It should easily cut to size. Could cut a little oversized and taper to a little undersized. Or one piece oversized and one exactly, glue them one on a top of another and you have your custom feedback buster.

    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Posts: 277

    Why do you need it want one?

    You can't use a stimer style pickup obviously. You likely wouldn't need one with a big tone.

    I'm not sure how useful it would be with a contact mic.

    I'm dubious it would be very helpful.

    Make your own to start.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Home  |  Forum  |  Blog  |  Contact  |  206-528-9873
The Premier Gypsy Jazz Marketplace
Banner Adverts
Sell Your Guitar
© 2023, all rights reserved worldwide.
Software: Kryptronic eCommerce, Copyright 1999-2023 Kryptronic, Inc. Exec Time: 0.01636 Seconds Memory Usage: 1.034798 Megabytes