DjangoBooks.com

Endpin jack clip

I am looking for a clip that attaches an endpin jack to the outside of the guitar.

Similar to the ones in the pics below.

Not sure what exactly it is called.

Does anyone know of a place that carries these as a separate item? @MichaelHorowitz ?

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator

@krzys Sorry, we don't carry that as separate item. The K&K definity pickups come with one:

• GouchGouch FennarioNew ALD Originale D, Zentech Proto, ‘50 D28
  • V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭

Mounting an output jack without drilling holes is a problem I experience all the time and I'm surprised there aren't great solutions for.

I could very easily design a quick CAD of that clip and 3d print it, the sort of thing I do all the time. In fact, looks like I already had this in my parts drawer. The diameter of the threaded portion of jack is 12mm, not sure it matches yours.

I've been experimenting with making output jacks that are housed in a rubbery material that can just slip on the strings behind the bridge, see below for prototype. Not sure if that would catch on, but seems to work fine on my guitars. Is that something folks would be interested in (see below)?

Above is a much nicer solution but this would do the trick as well

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

@V-dub When I first saw this question, I thought, "This seems the sort of thing that Vic would have probably already thought of/made!"

edited July 2023 Posts: 1,309

edited July 2023 Posts: 1,309

• flacoflaco Shelley Park #151, AJL Quiet and Portable

The question on all of these things (at least to me) is whether they can stay on when the guitar is in the case, and whether they increase the risk of damage. On regular dreadnaught type guitars the end pins are notorious for splitting the wood if a case is dropped on the end. Particularly with something that actually screws into the tailpiece -that’s a semi permanent solution that isn’t easy to pop on and off. But I would like something I could use with my Ischell.

• V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭

I should also mention that if its a DR tailpiece, I make output jacks that slide into the tailpiece insert