DjangoBooks.com

Sonora Gypsy Guitars - a visual model guide.

Comments

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.

Finally, (after a bit of a mix up) my new "Sonora" Jose-Sanchez is here. It needs one DeLaRuelle tuner button, if anyone has one they could sell me??

BucoWillieJangle_JamiebillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliams

That looks very dry.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
  • Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, some Gitanes and quite a few others

How's it sounding?!! How's the neck relief?

Finish. Looks like it was hanging in the smokehouse with a row of prosciutto.

Jangle_JamiebillyshakesAndyWBillDaCostaWilliams
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

neck looks ok, the frets have definitely been levelled roughly so I might go in again with the block & files. Sounds like it has real potential, even on the ancient bronzewounds. Action is about 1mm at 12th, and its fretting out above 9th or 10th fret, so hopefully a fret level and a bridge raise will have it pomping nicely. All very nice for £370 ($470) to-the-door.

billyshakesJangle_JamieBucoBillDaCostaWilliams
  • Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, some Gitanes and quite a few others

Excellent! Picked up my Hodson 503 today. It also needs a bit of adjusting - new bridge, new tailpiece and a set of 11s. It's got some volume and some bass, but the trebles are on the tinny side - I think the bridge is to blame, and the poor Saga tailpiece with no leather doesn't help. I'll get to it in a couple of weeks. Have fun working on your Jose Sanchez!

AndyWBucoBillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakes
  • Jeyg33Jeyg33 New
    edited December 2023 Posts: 3

Hi, I'm french and one of my friend give me a Sonora. It was in very bad shape. I do my best to fixe it without ruin everything and could be unmade later. And when I started to look for the origin of the guitar, I find your forum. Now here I am :D

That's a picture of my guitar

BucoWillieJangle_JamiebillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliams
  • Jeyg33Jeyg33 New
    edited December 2023 Posts: 3

It's a little bit different from the one that you post here.

edited December 2023 Posts: 600

Hi Jeyg.

I think your guitar is one of what I have called "Larmes" modele, made by DiMauro.

Nice guitar, enjoy it. -Andy-

Jeyg33billyshakesBuco