DjangoBooks.com

Sharmat Andersson Project Final Video (Laura)

1235»

Comments

• RipRip olympia, washingtonNew

I can't figure out how you recorded this? Did you add the strings later? How did you guy's mic yourselves? Was the conductor listening to you guys or was there a click track? Anyway, amazing results, sounds really good! Thanks for sharing.

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

Thanks Rip!

Here is how it was done...

Created the guitars to click track first then created the midi orchestra arrangement to the guitars.

Once that was completed sent out the score and a click track to the real orchestra. Orchestra was shot playing live as I knew being a video guy you would ask. Then Neil and I since we recorded in our home studios (not particularly a great look) went to a shoot having to learn what we had improv'd (a PITA) and played to the finished track. We could have stuck mics in front of us and said we recorded it but did not want to...

1. Lie, it is obvious there is no gear there.

2. Wanted a cleaner visual look w/o a bunch of wires....it is a video.

As mentioned at the top, this project was mostly about production with detail scrutinized and edited. I have produced a lot of music, some for major artists and wanted to take that approach with this album.

BucobillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliams
  • RipRip olympia, washingtonNew

Cool! I guess the biggest trick, that I didn't pick up on, was that you guys learned your own improvs, that's wild. Very effective!

billyshakes