DjangoBooks.com

Sharmat Andersson Project Final Video (Laura)

Comments

I like the cover art design.

Scoredog
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • RipRip olympia, washingtonNew

This is great Craig! Did you compose the strings, as well?

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

@Scoredog Would you care to give insight on the distribution of projects like this? I see you not only have it streaming on Spotify, but also available for mp3 purchase on iTunes and Amazon and physical purchase at multiple outlets, including the store at Innervision. I've enjoyed using Bandcamp to support artists and they even have a Friday a month where 95% of the revenue goes to artists. Often, if you purchase the physical CD, you get streaming access from their app so I could stream from my phone, but also have the physical product.

Is this sort of thing sorted by Innervision for you? That is, the decision on which platform you put your work on. Or do some of those platforms like iTunes and Amazon impose restrictions one where else you can or can't put your album? Is there a downside from a business perspective for using Bandcamp? Or is it just a case of too many streaming services and choosing which to work with.

Again, congrats on this second album!

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023 Posts: 872

I’ll answer Rip first…and Thank You Rip (looking forward to hanging again next month). I am the string arranger, I have been working with orchestras for many years as my livelihood is scoring media like TV shows. Playing Gypsy Jazz is a hobby which like many of us I obsess over.

‘To get a taste of the scoring stuff you can check out my website…

https://scoredog.tv/

Billy your answer is incredibly simple…Innervision Records (the company I am signed to) uses Symphonic Distribution. It kind of functions like CD Baby in that when you sign with them they send your stuff everywhere you want. They will ask the questions and you say yes and give them some promo copy which they will ask for and that’s that.

i would think you need a single distribution service. I don’t use Bandcamp so I don’t know what restrictions there might be for signing with another service. Doing Symphonic does not stop me putting it on Souncloud (I don’t) so there may be some flexibility. Symphonic puts the music everywhere, there are no conflicts with the services you mentioned and no reason to use anyone else…I hope that helps!

Thanks for the well wishes!

DoubleWhiskybillyshakes
  • RipRip olympia, washingtonNew

Dude, I didn't know you were such a baller. I recognize your face from your website, we both jammed with Charles on the street! I look forward to jamming with you in Sept. Last year was my first Djangofest and I didn't make it out to the campsites, but I'll probably go everyday this year.

edited August 2023 Posts: 872

One of the reasons I like these events is no one knows me from Adam. I’m just another guitar zombie walking around looking to jam.

BillDaCostaWilliamsDoubleWhiskybillyshakes
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Thanks for the insight. It does seem incredibly easy to just have someone take care of it for you like a menu of options. Also good to hear that the various services "play nice" with each other and don't put various burdensome restrictions on the artist.

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso

@billyshakes For super easy music distribution, check out Distrokid. You upload your tunes there, then they do the work of putting it on all of the streaming services (according to your preferences). Pretty cheap, too, considering the time savings. https://distrokid.com/

Adrian

DoubleWhiskybillyshakes

Final Video and bump for this Sharmat Andersson project....the song "Laura".

BillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakesBucoMichaelHorowitz