DjangoBooks.com

Pansch Weiss 330bpm Picking Etude

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
in Technique Posts: 2,161

Hey folks! I haven’t posted here in a while! But I wanted to share this etude that I wrote based on Pansch’s playing. It’s transcribed in Soundslice, and I recorded it at multiple tempos so people could play along.

In my opinion, Pansch is one of the most exciting players of the new generation. This past summer, I recorded him and his cousins Brady Winterstein and Favino Lorier. They grew up together and, obviously, share certain common traits in their playing but they’ve each developed their own styles. Pansch has created his own unique vocabulary and he’s developed a way to play over super fast tempos by creating picking “hacks”. I liked his playing so much that I decided to use this concept to make this etude.

He’s super underrated because he’s a super lowkey person with a limited online presence. A lot of the amazing players in the east of France are not full time musicians and mostly just play for fun with the occasional gigs and festivals. I hope Pansch can get the full recognition he deserves!

BucoDoubleWhiskyrudolfochristVebjørnBillDaCostaWilliamsAzazzellGillyguitar94gypsynovice

Comments

• dladassedladasse

thanks Dennis for bringing these incredible musicians to our attention - looking forward to the Favino lessons

BucoDoubleWhisky
  • edited September 2022 Posts: 4,736

Yes, I'd second this. It's really just amazing how many of these incredible musicians are out there not well known at all.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel