DjangoBooks.com

Clifford Essex Maccaferri Guitar - Marco Roccia

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

There is a lot to be said for doing cognitive things equivalent to "learning to ride a bike again." Yes, it sucks to not be able to express yourself in the normal fashion you can. But, I think it is good for your brain to challenge it, to get it out of its happy routine and forge those new mental (and physiological) pathways.

WillieBucoG4peiBillDaCostaWilliams

Arpeggio's, right hand position, picking technique, the list goes on

I think this is probably what this guy was trying to say. You have to relearn a lot and not only that but physically change what's second nature to someone who's played an instrument for long. But if it sounds like a fun music to play then it's a worthy pursuit. On the other hand, if you decide to throw in the towel and appreciate it as a listener, don't feel bad because this is the guy I was talking about. He still plays songs from Django repertoire but in his own way. His name is Jan Knutson.

Interestingly, his dad made this archtop in the shape and dimensions of Selmer body.

G4peiBillDaCostaWilliamswim
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • G4peiG4pei Norfolk, EnglandNew Clifford Essex Maccaferri by Roccia

Wow, I enjoyed that. I'm off to do some YouTube and Apple Music research on this chap!

Thank you.

Buco
  • stuologystuology New

Where in the UK are you based? There are lots of jams and tutors around the country but they tend to be hard to find through the internet.

I'm in Norfolk, West Norfolk to be more exact. I reckon a few lessons would be a great idea to kick things off.

I did a search online and I didn't get anything back for this area.

• stuologystuology New

A beautiful part of the country but not one I know that well. Nigel Wheeler was there for awhile, I think he's back in London but he might know what's going on in that part of the world - you can find him on Facebook.

There is a jam in Leicester every fortnight, a bit of a drive for you but you wouldn't be the only person driving a long way. There used to be a couple of groups in Cambridge, it might be worth digging round there.

There's a gypsy jazz festival in October in Shrewsbury, a good chance to see some of the very best players in the genre. There is a tuition package as well, although it is expensive - the concerts are very reasonable though:

https://www.shrewsburydjangofest.co.uk

G4pei

Thanks very much, that helpful.

I'll try Nigel and Cambridge is only 30 minutes away for me so that'll be worth a bit of research too. I don't want to throw the towel in yet.

Come to think of it, Richard Bartram overhauled my guitar and brought it up to scratch. He builds Maccaferri's and is an accomplished player himself. Maybe, just maybe......

• stuologystuology New

Are you anywhere near Newark on Trent? There’s a jam session just getting going there.

About 1.5 hours for me I'm afraid

That'll give you plenty of time to memorize chord charts.

billyshakesG4peiRadiofm74
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel