DjangoBooks.com

Could use a bit of community encouragement

PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Gypsy Rhythm Posts: 1,471

Hey all,

Not sure where to put this.

Sorry to take up the bandwidth, but I'm a bit sick and could use a positive thought or two. About a month ago I started showing some odd symptoms I couldn't attribute to longstanding medical issues. Things worsened and routine bloodwork a couple of weeks ago showed unusual thyroid activity. Couple more and it was confirmed it's Graves Disease. Easily controlled, it can be deadly if it's not as one of the things it directly affects is your heart. I'm showing signs of cardiac stress. I also just feel like total crap.

Also concerning is that there is some evidence of pancreas disease. My body is fu$(ing just weird, come up with all kinds of nonsensical stuff over the years that has had serious consequences, and this would be one as I've had acute pancreatitis two times. both landing me in the hospital. Both times acutely ill, couldn't even stand up. First time, BP dropped to 50/30.

Anyway, in addition to everything else and somehow related, is it's like I have developed radical arthritis in literally every joint. Not the total body burning of my central pain and not the ache everywhere of the flu, but literally sharp arthritic pain in every joint. I have to be careful picking something up as ridiculous as a spoon, for the shot of pain and my dropping it.

So, I've tried to sit down to play, and I just can't. Bummed, because I feel like I was just truly coming back in and things already feel "cold." I really love jamming with our local crew (hey, Gian) and miss it.

Not a religious person, at least not in the sense of prayers, but do believe in community and of them all, this one is very close to my heart. Thanks for any thoughts in your hearts, guys. ❤️

ps: friend Buco. I'll catch up.

-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Comments

Wow, Paul, trying to take in everything you wrote...on a top of everything you had going on...good grief. Sending love man. I hope there's light waiting at the end of this. At least hope. Hope for hope.

Passacaglia
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

Thinking of you and sending positive healing thoughts your way, Paul. We miss you at the jams. Hopefully we can have you back soon.

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

Hang in there, Paul. The forum is definitely more interesting with you around. Sorry to hear about your health issues. Have you tried any diet changes, vitamins, supplements, etc.? Would tropical heat help? Best wishes!

John

Passacaglia
  • lorenzoplorenzop New

positive vibes coming your way . . . I do hope to meet you at one of the jams.

Passacaglia
  • TwangTwang New

I was sorry to read your post. Wishing you all the best at this very difficult time.

Passacaglia
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

As one of the most positive and active members here (you not me) I wish you a speedy recovery so you can get back to doing what you love.

Passacaglia
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Best of luck in your recovery, Paul. As the state motto says: "Forward." I know you have the right attitude to make it happen.

Passacaglia
  • GouchGouch FennarioNew ALD Originale D, Zentech Proto, ‘50 D28

Best Wishes Paul!

• BonesBones Moderator

Hang tough buddy! Keep us posted!

Passacaglia
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Sam Cooke can say it so much better than me, Paul..

billyshakesPassacaglia
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."