DjangoBooks.com

Djangobooks Hot Club - Colab - Duj Duj

Comments

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Love them harmonies!

And the reverb on the solo voice gives that authentic keller vibe (IMO).

Buco
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited October 2021 Posts: 825

And all together. Just marvelous, Willie. Can't wait to play it for a Slovak friend of mine. I tamed the reverb on this one.

WilliebillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsBones
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited October 2021 Posts: 825

Buco, I'm curious how your friend will comment on my pronounciation. When I sang yiddish tunes years ago, an elder jewish lady told me, I would be sounding like a bulgarian jew. I'm afraid Jews didn't speak yiddish in Bulgaria, but djudezmo.

Straight from Tomaš

Pretty good....The "l" gives him away .. 😁 We have two kinds of "l"....A hard l and a soft ľ and he's doing something in-between

WillieBillDaCostaWilliams
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

This is sounding really great, guys!

WillieBuco
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭

Really nice! love the warm tone of the vocals

WillieBucoBillDaCostaWilliams
  • scotscot Virtuoso

I have not been following this thread that much but it all sounds great! Great singing, Willie. This tune isn't a general part of the repertoire which is too bad. Here's an mp3 of Vadim and Sasha Kolpakov playing this tune. I wish I had a recording of the way Vadim and I played it with a more GJ kind of rhythm.

BTW, Bill, did you know that C W McCall (aka Chip Davis) of "Convoy" fame was also the man behind the synth group Mannheim Steamroller? The music world is a strange place...

billyshakesWillieBillDaCostaWilliamsBuco

This tune isn't a general part of the repertoire which is too bad.

Let see if we can help change that, @scot Great playing on that recording. It started like flamenco then kinda turned to Brasilian 7 string nylon style then in the end it sounded a little bit like Chet Atkins finger picking, amazing. Haven't heard of those two, will look for more. Thanks!

• gitane007gitane007 IrelandNew

Great stuff !!.......i'm gonna get working on recording this with that above full version posted with the vocals. Kids have been sick so hopefully get more time this week \ weekend.

WillieBuco