DjangoBooks.com

Our new video: Whispering

in Welcome Posts: 4,730

Hey we just got this one done. Loads of fun. I love how Suzanne did the horn arrangements.

Whispering has some cool history too. Written by Malvin Schonberger (lyrics) and John Schonberger (music). Paul Whiteman and his Ambassador Orchestra recorded it in 1920. This version was an eleven-week No. 1 hit in the United States, stayed 20 weeks in the charts, and sold more than two million copies. More on Wiki

And our video

Cheers

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
peterjaCharlie CastelluzzoAzazzellScoredogJim KaznoskynomadgtrjaredBillDaCostaWilliamsBonesLango-Djangoand 10 others.

Comments

• MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent

Super Cool, Buco! Nice playing, nice footage. It's good to see you all turning the adversity of the pandemic into art.

Buco
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Good stuff – your twin brother plays well.

Thanks for reminding us that Dizzy Gillespie’s Groovin High is a contrafact of the changes of Whispering.

I also recall dancing to the yodelling version by Nino Tempo and April Stevens in the 60’s:

BucoBones
  • You guys sound great keep it up!

Buco
  • BonesBones Moderator

Fun stuff Buco! Thanks!

Buco
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Two pandemic thumbs way up!

Will

Buco
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Thank you guys. Much appreciated. I enjoyed playing on this one. Didn't think I'd like it that much when it was suggested. Well, once it came time for my solo track. Or as @Bill Da Costa Williams put it, one of the twins. By that time I could have fun. You can tell by my smile at the end of my solo guitar track. When I was recording rhythm, it can be weird and lonely. New tune, new arrangement, gotta stay with the click, think about the number of choruses, tags, ending, trying to create some dynamics hoping it will work with what comes next, etc...not much chance to relax. But when I was recording my solo, they had their tracks recorded so I could relax and enjoy the song as I played. 

By the way, Brad Brose has fantastic version of this song that I listened to a lot as I was getting familiar with the tune

billyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsMarkA
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • gitane007gitane007 IrelandNew

Great stuff !!!

Buco
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

My one teeny weeny criticism would be that it could’ve used just a wee bit of banjo...

😃😑😎

BucobillyshakesBones
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • BonesBones Moderator

Needs more cow bell.

billyshakesBuco