DjangoBooks.com

Menilmontant, So-Di sessions, musicians in a box, plus new one

2»

Comments

Thank you! Feels like we're late in the game with this kinda stuff but this thing is nowhere near over yet so... It's nice to see a finished product.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Was the lady in the lower right corner playing a bassoon?

Wonderful ensemble blend with a nice relaxed swing... and surprise! A banjo solo!

Will

Buco
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Will,

That is the fabulous Suzanne Gekker playing all three of the wind instruments. One of the great features of this site is the ability to embed these videos from youtube, but it is a bummer that you lose the description text. Answer to your question is: bass clarinet.

====

by Thomas Dutronc #sociallydistantcollabs Instrumental cover played by Better Times Swing Quartet made on Acapella during isolation Summer 2020 We love Thomas' song and always dreamed of a big band playing the scat in his song. Time on our hands during lockdown.

Chris Gekker, trumpet

Suzanne Gekker, clarinet, sax, bass clarinet

Jason Gekker, bass

Buço Cavar, guitar

Jeff Reynolds, banjo

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 4,730

Yeah Will, like Bill said it's the bass clarinet. Thanks man. She arranged the whole thing. Super fun to listen to.

I just love how banjo gelled together with rhythm guitar as one rhythm track. Playing and driving the same beat but voicing and the tone are different enough to enrich the whole rhythm section. It gave me ideas 🤣 I gotta say. Have a budget for a banjo Bill 😉?

billyshakes
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel