DjangoBooks.com

Sicilian gypsy folk guitar

1161718192022»

Comments

• PJDPJD New

Yes I think you are right! I will than maybe start a post on these guitars somewhere soon. BTW I saw Michael has sold two guitars like this on Djangobooks in the past (a Gérôme and a Carbonell/Fiore Specialita) which sounded really great from what I can tell from his video posts. The most common Gérôme full body/spanish/gypsy type guitars are what they call model or type "Brassens" since Georges Brassens played on these guitars (also on Busato's and later Favino's in this hybrid style). The one Michael sold is a Gérôme model I have never seen before, also the headstock is like I have never seen before on a Gérôme.. . The tailpiece on the Carbonell/Fiore Specialita is one seen more often on Sicilian guitars, I have a Stefano Caponnetto with the same tailpiece.

BillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakesWillie
  • murrayatuptowngallermurrayatuptowngaller Holland, MINew Quinteros 2023 Di Mauro Chorus variant, Gibson 1956 ES-135, The Loar LH350VS

Tangentially trivial, but there was a company in the Chicago area called Abate Stamping. Midwestern pronunciation was like Abbott.

They were such a large producer of steel stampings used by electrical transformer manufacturers (end bells, mounting feet, not laminations), their shutdown during relocation impacted production by small companies. It was said to be part of the reason the Classic Tone transformer parent company closed down.

Murray

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    edited February 12 Posts: 600

Carmelo Catania Sicilian acoustic guitars, the guitar of choice of the particularly gorgeous French actress, Marie LaForet

billyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsPJD