DjangoBooks.com

My Progress in Jazz Manouche

Comments

• JehuJehu New Zealand✭✭✭
    Hey Amund,

I just came back to review your videos in this thread, and I notice they are now coming up as 'private'. Are you up for changing the settings?

This thread remains one of my favourites on the forum!
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    I tried to play your video, but it came up as "private." Just me, or is it only a problem with iPads?
  • patrolpatrol Greece,Athens✭✭✭ Eimers & Goulielmos Antique
    ..same :(
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to tackle "It had to be you" in Tchavolo tempo :)

I hope to make it to Samois this year, if I can figure out the logistics and practical stuff.
    Buco
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Nice Amund, you are making a lot of progress!!!
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    cool man. go to samoreau and kick some ass !
    Just awesome!
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Your right hand is getting that wonderful effortless look. You give us hope @AmundLauritzen
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!

Continuing my practice diary, here is my attempt on the newest song from Rosenberg Academy, "My Melancholy Baby", oddly enough Stochelo chose the key of C. I think Django played it in Eb(?).

I did a take on Stochelos solo note for note, and also recorded a short take on trying to improvise on the chord changes.

I'm working on my own ideas too, but they aren't coming out that much yet, at least not on a busy tune like this.
    My long term goal is to no longer sound like a mediocre copy of Stochelo who makes a lot of mistakes. I notice my own ideas are creeping in, but it's very subtle at this point.

wimNone