DjangoBooks.com

Plectrums for jazz

124»

Comments

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Buco wrote: »
    I didn't know gators are chameleons, like literally; they come in a bag as light gray and in a few days become black. What's with this?

I've noticed this same thing! It likely has something to do with the oils in our hands?

Adrian
  • Frank WekenmannFrank Wekenmann Germany✭✭✭✭
    HCQ wrote: »
    I use different picks for diffrent things. Mainly HiFi Fiberglass for bright rhythm, 2mm Tortex, but mostly white bone picks. The black horn picks are great whem playing plugged in.

I use different picks for the same thing. :)
    I realized that I have in my mind a concept of how I would like to sound and depending on the guitar, the age of the strings, the room and other variables, I use different picks to achieve this sound. So e.g. with new strings I normally use thicker picks with a rounder tip while with older strings, I switch to thinner and slightly more pointed picks. After trying out everything available, I realized that I can save a lot of money and use cheap Dunlop Ultex picks in different strengths from 1.14 to 2.00. The only thing I do to all of them is round of the tip and give them a speed bevel. The resulting different tips makes them all sound different (more so than the gauge and material!) and I have a lot of them to chose from to hopefully come close to the sound I imagine.