DjangoBooks.com

banjo guitar for sale

nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
in Classifieds Posts: 274

Clavero Banjo guitar. Restored and ready, new frets and synthetic skin. Very strong sound, incredible highs. This is the only Clavero banjo guitar I have seen outside of the posted photo of Django Reinhardt playing one around 1928, so it's considerably rare. If you are looking for that very early Django sound, this is the closest you will get. Serious inquires only please

Comments

• Russell LetsonRussell Letson Prodigy

I already have a couple of six-string banjos, but wow! Am I seeing a nine-piece neck correctly? (Five for sure.) Also a really interesting tailpiece. I wonder, though, about the bridge--it's presumably original/accurate, but how is the intonation? My Deerings have much fatter, compensated bridges.

• nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭

Hi Russell, I think it's a 9 piece neck, if you count the very thin green veneer on either side of the yellow wood, sandwiched between the brown main pieces. This and the fret inlay indicate that this was a more ornate model than the one Django was given as a kid. The bridge is original, a bit cleaned up, but the intonation is quite good. I'm sure a compensated bridge may be a touch better if you really want to play up on the 18th fret, but it's in pretty good tune for everything I've tried on it. It's definitely the only other Clavero I've seen, and an old one, so the tailpiece is presumably just their standard cast for the banjo guitars they made.

• nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭

Be the only person who has the same style/brand banjo guitar as Django himself played!

• nournour New

Hello Nick

Is this django banjo Still to sell ?

• nournour New

Or still for sell please?