DjangoBooks.com

2019 Midwest Gypsy Swing Fest

geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503
edited August 2019 in North America Posts: 461

It is almost time for the 2019 Midwest Gypsy Swing Fest here in Madison, WI on Friday, September 13th and Saturday, September 14th.

Here's some info and the lineup: https://midwestgypsyswingfest.com

I will be there working the merch table from 5-8pm on both Friday and Saturday. 2018 was my first year hanging out after the concert and jamming. Last year Paquito Lorier, Sandro Lorier, Michael Joseph Harris, Sami Arefin, as well as some other excellent musicians hung around and jammed all night. I stayed until 1 am both nights but I heard the jams went until 4-5am.

It should be a good time. Hope to see some of you there!

rudolfochristBucobopster

Comments

Some day I'll pitch my tent and walk those grounds again. And jam till the wee hours of the morning. And look for hangover remedies at Walgreens the next day. Good times...

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • icukericuker New

I believe I can make that! Not far away. Will there be GJ guitars to try / buy in the Merch section? Never played one and would like to.

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

The last couple years, Caravan Guitars was there with some guitars to try out. I know that sometime other players will let you try out their guitars as well. Last year, Jack Soref let me try out a Favino.

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4

@geese_com - I will be there this year again as well. My 10th year. Sam Shepard (former owner of Chicago’s Caravan Guitars) usually has several great guitars there. @djanghost is his name in this forum.

geese_comBuco
  • geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

Today is the day!

I will be volunteering at the merch table from 5-8 both nights so stop on by to say hi. Hope to see some of you there.

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4

I’ll be there with Guitar in hand, and violinist by my side.