DjangoBooks.com

Carbon Fiber Acoustics?

Has been a long time since posting.

I’m living in humid Florida now and am curious if any of you have played any Carbon Fiber acoustics? I would love something I can play outside without worries (i’m paranoid just leaving the house with my Zwinakis gitane let alone sitting outside with it for any amount of time. YouTube videos i’ve watched sound promising - Irish builder Emerald guitars are truly making some gorgeous designs. Any experience here? Has anybody played GJ on one?

thanks for your opinion

...punching away on my ipad’s Keyboard...

Tagged:

Comments

Well, the guitar on the video sure sounds sweet and wonderful. The player has a part in it obviously. It's really about whether you care or not about such things. One of my favorite players in the genre, Remi Harris, puts out videos on wide variety of guitars: GJ, archtop, flattops, 12 strings, LP, Strat...they all sound awesome. When I asked him about it he said what he likes about is that every guitar informs his playing a little differently.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited July 2019 Posts: 1,855

I was talking to a classical guitarist a few years ago who told me that his new guitar’s top was carbon fibre covered with a thin wood veneer.

This kind of technology seems promising to me, and it makes me wonder what a great GJ guitar builder like Bob Holo could do with it?

Unfortunately, the above video clip didn’t seem to do a real good job of demonstrating all the different kinds of sounds that might be possible...?

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O
    edited July 2019 Posts: 205

Michael Collins did something like this with the material nomex several years ago. I still fantasize about that guitar every now and then - I love the rosette on it. There's a video of him giving the instrument a test drive at the bottom of the following blog entry:

• HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭

I spent the last week absorbed in learning about these and decided to jump in with both feet and placed an order with Emerald.

Buco