DjangoBooks.com

dupont construction

Hi,

I have a 2011 dupont nomade d-hole. I recently noticed some sagging on the soundboard by the fretboard.

I plan on taking it in to a luthier so he can have a look. There are some very good builders nearby, but no one with experience working on gypsy jazz guitars. So I'm looking for some advise.

After taking a closer look the braces that run parallel to the longer sides of the opening were intact and firmly connected to the soundboard. I also noticed there were no braces that run on the narrower sides of the opening like in the collins and maccaferri plans I was able to dig up.

Is my problem a common issue?

What are your thoughts on the best approach to fix it and make sure it won't happen again?

I was thinking (a dangerous thing) the top could be removed and flattened, braces could be added for more structural reinforcement (like in the maccaferri plans. Does anyone know (or care to guess) how this would effect the sound?

Thanks
Mark

Comments