DjangoBooks.com

Looking for first hand information on Django Festival Northwest in Whidbey Island

I know it is early but I am considering going in September and was wanting to get some "insider" information.
Can a person camp in that area ? Any information would be appreciated. I found some information on the internet, but first hand information would be great ! I am sure there are folks on this forum who have attended.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• larryllarryl New
    I am rather surprised that no one has any information to share...its a long trip for me to the Seattle area and I will be there in June for a family wedding, but alas not in September...they should have consulted me as to when they should get married ! haha I do plan to go the site where the festival is held to get some information.
    Thanks in advance.
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    @larryl There is a lot of info on DjangofestNW here, just do a search. You can also search for Whidbey Island. I got some good results by using the search field for both Djangofest NW 2018 and Whidbey Island.
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    It's a great experience and I highly recommend attending. there is plenty of room in the campground which is easy walking distance to the event center and town. The campground has an area that is a bit more lively in the evening and introduced a barn last year for campers to jam in. There is also a more mellow area to camp in that tends to be more peaceful in the evening.
    If your into jamming there are many opportunities and most circles are welcoming. You can pretty much jam morning till night depending on your willingness to be outgoing.
    If going to concerts and listening to top tier players jam is more your thing it is also a good option. Djangofest always attracts the best players and groups.
    The scenery is amazing, the ferry to Whidby is really cool, some good food options around town. Recommended
  • TDogTDog Victoria, BCNew Shelley Park Montmartre; Cigano GJ 5
    It's a great experience and I highly recommend attending. there is plenty of room in the campground which is easy walking distance to the event center and town. The campground has an area that is a bit more lively in the evening and introduced a barn last year for campers to jam in. There is also a more mellow area to camp in that tends to be more peaceful in the evening.
    If your into jamming there are many opportunities and most circles are welcoming. You can pretty much jam morning till night depending on your willingness to be outgoing.
    If going to concerts and listening to top tier players jam is more your thing it is also a good option. Djangofest always attracts the best players and groups.
    The scenery is amazing, the ferry to Whidby is really cool, some good food options around town. Recommended

This is a really good description of the festival. Only addition I have is to note that the campsite jamming goes late into the night (quiet time was from 5am to 9am last year...) so I would recommend the "mellow area" if you intend on getting any sleep.

• larryllarryl New
    Now we're talking guys...thanks for that input..reading about things and actually getting input from experienced people is like night and day sometimes. It sounds similar to the Walnut Valley Festival in Winfield, which is 40 miles from me and I have attended since 1981. ..thanks for taking time to write..I appreciate it very much. !!