DjangoBooks.com

Django Reinhardt Festival at Jazz Alley, Seattle

PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
edited June 2006 in North America Posts: 766
Django Reinhardt Festival
August 3-6, 2006
$23.50

http://www.jazzalley.com/artist.asp?nam ... t_Festival

***Looks like the line up with Tchavolo, Dorado, Samson, etc... is heading this way! Let's hope so.

Does anyone know for sure if this exact line up will be appearing at the Seattle shows?

Phil

Comments

• DuozonaDuozona Phoenix, AZNew
    Any replies to this one yet? I am wondering if I need to go to NY if I want to hear Tchavolo. Sure would be nice to see him at Jazz Alley in Seattle.

Chuck
    Are there going to be any workshops planned around this event? I'd love to learn some things from Michael.
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    I went last year when they were at the Alley. Not Tchavolo but Dorado and Samson. It was good. Short but good. Plus the evening I went Dorado only played rhythm. I guess the night before Samson played rhythm. I hope this year they play a little longer and they take solos.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I'm in contact with the organizer...there might be some extra musical events like workshops. But I doubt it...
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Hi all,
    It seems michael is right thus far- the organizer has mentioned the possiblity of a workshop, but not any plans. So . . whos coming to NYC for this? I will be at the caramoor show on LI and the one in the city at rose hall (lincoln center). Let me know if you are coming and wanna play!
    B.